Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Paintings/Drawings by Patty

Even though this is my graphic design blog, I decided to put some of my oil paintings and pencil and charcoal drawings. All of them have been created while I have been attending BCC. I figured it would be cool to put them on here.


This was a Birds of Prey comic book cover from 2010. I took the image and blew it up 18x24 and painted it with oils. 

This was a painting i had done in class, and it covered up another painting. Mad props to this model; as her hands were turning blue for about 3 days doing this pose. This painting was given to a friend.  :)

This is the most recent figurative oil painting I have done. It was a model I've drawn many times before, and I did enjoy painting her for the first time. I purposefully left the background unfinished to bring more attention to her form.

This is probably my favorite drawing from my advanced drawing class. It's charcoal on drawing paper, unfinished, with doodles in the corner.

This was a pencil drawing I did in advanced drawing from a model. He was a decent model, and I really like how this one came out. It was in the student show last year.

This is a hungry shark. rawr. It's oils on illustration board and it was my illustration final. I likey!

This was my painting final on a 30 x 40 canvas. Transcending Realism was the theme. Rainbowss!


No comments:

Post a Comment